Waiting for a Morcellator Cancer Settlement? Legal Loans Can Help
It can take a year for a lawsuit to reach settlement or to have its day in court – and even longer for the money to reach the plaintiff’s bank account. When the lawsuit is filed over a power morcellation device causing uterine cancer, every day and every dollar counts.
According to the National Cancer Institute, the initial cost of treating uterine cancer is approximately $26,775 and $1,535 for each subsequent year of life. These sudden bills can be a crushing blow for many Americans already suffering the toll of day-to-day living expenses.
Fortunately, Law Street Capital offers immediate reprieve for plaintiffs with a substantial case who need a cash advance.
First morcellator cancer settlement reached
Scott Burkhart filed a 2014 lawsuit against Lina Medical on behalf of his deceased spouse, Donna, who died of uterine cancer 11 months after having a routine morcellator-assisted hysterectomy. The 53-year-old received her diagnosis just seven days after the procedure and had no known medical history of cancer. The case was set to go before a jury in November 2015 – ahead of 20 similar suits — but settled for a confidential sum outside court in July.
Many more favorable out-of-court settlements are expected in the road ahead, especially since manufacturers like Johnson & Johnson have issued recalls on power morcellators, the FDA has issued a statement discouraging the use of these devices on hysterectomy patients, and – most recently — the FBI joined the safety investigation.
Benefits of pre settlement loans
Beyond the monumental medical bills that pile up, cancer patients still have to contend with the day-to-day costs of utilities, car payments, mortgage payments, groceries, and holiday-related expenses. Often, patients can no longer work and, in some cases, a spouse may have to quit working to take on caregiving duties.
No one should have to suffer a hefty financial burden while battling cancer. LawStreet Capital is here to help with settlement advance loans for plaintiffs.
Benefits of morcellator cancer loans include:
- Money right away – Gain access to cash – no strings attached – in as little 24 hours.
- Large sums available – Personalized loans can range from $1,000 to over $500,000.
- Fast approval – Unlike other companies that leave you hanging, our application approval time is just 24 hours.
- Flexible payment options – If approved, we can overnight a check or make a deposit into your bank account.
- No stipulations – We don’t ask where your money is going, so feel free to take that vacation if you need it!
- No income or employment checks – Our service is considered a “cash advance,” not a traditional “loan.”
- No monthly obligations – We patiently wait until your case settles favorably to get repaid.
- Risk-free – If your case loses in court, you keep the money and we take the loss!
- Hassle-free – We network with your attorney to limit the amount of phone calls you need to make.
Lawsuit loans keep plaintiffs afloat while they wait
LawStreet Capital operates in all 50 U.S. states and meets all Better Business Bureau accreditation standards with an A+ rating. We are passionate about helping improve the lives of the injured by providing no-risk legal loans to use however plaintiffs see fit.
We have some of the lowest interest rates in the nation! Call us toll-free at 1-866-FUND-662 or fill out a free application online to get started.
- National Cancer Institute – Annual Costs of Cancer https://costprojections.cancer.gov/annual.costs.html
- CBS News – Report: FBI investigating medical device that spread cancer in women http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-investigating-medical-device-that-spread-cancer-in-women/